Tag Archives: FlorentSR

My own little StreamRipper

This is a stream ripping program I did in order to read and rip streams (like Frequence 3) sending frequent advertising messages that usually prevent users from ripping them. It’s somehow like a protection bypass ripper.

What it does :

  • Saves shoutcast streams in MP3 files
  • Saves shoutcast streams in one MP3 file with its cue sheet file
  • Doesn’t consider text information that have seen recently (this is why I did it)
  • Adds MP3 ID3 tags (ID3v1 and ID3v2) using TagLib#
  • Reads M3U playlist streams

Here are the command line options :

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
 
StreamRipper - Help
===================
 
-h    --help               This help
-u    --url                URL to specify (stream or playlist file)
-d    --output-directory   Output directory (Default: output)
-a    --user-agent         User-Agent to specify (Default: "FlorentSR/0.2.5.16365 - http://florent.clairambault.fr/")
-e    --encoding           Text encoding (Default: iso-8859-1)
-r    --reconnect-attempts Maximum reconnect attempts (Default: 60)
-m    --min-file-size      Minimum file size (Format: 2M, 1G, 100K; Default: 2M)
-M    --max-file-size      Maximum file size (Format: 2M, 1G, 100K; Default: unlimited)
-c    --cue-sheet          Rip one big MP3 with a cue file
-x    --exclude            Exclude some pattern

As always, it can work on Windows with .Net and Linux/Mac Os X with Mono.

[ download streamripper ]

Note : This program was used to build WebRadioWatcher (only in french right now) which doesn’t do much than indexing all the played song by the webrados.

Edit : 11/11/2009 : I removed the other posts around this program. This is the only post about it. It describes the latest version of the stream ripping program I made.

Edit : 23/02/2010 : Updated the program to 0.2.5 to add the “-x” option. With it you can easily filter the “next song :” stream titles.